Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Blessings

Have you ever heard the song Blessings?  It's by Laura Story.  Check it out.  The past month I have had to remind myself that all that is happening in our family is building my character to be more like Christ.  I certainly don't like all of the work being a stay at home mom of three teenagers mean, two of which have varying special needs, but I know that God is growing me to be what He wants me to be for His glory and my good.  I am also very grateful that God has given me the opportunity to be home for my children and many days I enjoy them so much.  I enjoy the young adults they are becoming.

Between trying to gain legal custody of our oldest adopted daughter, changing her name legally, applying for Social Sec. Disability for her and her daily needs sometimes I feel like I am going crazy.  Then my son who is intellectually a college student and chronologically & emotionally a normal teenage boy needs help in keeping focused on priorities such as; homework, finding a university to attend next year, working on Eagle Scout Project, working and keeping a social life.  Finally, our youngest daughter whom we took legal custody of after being adopted by someone else, is a very "normal teenage girl" in some ways,  but very immature emotionally and doesn't quite grasp the idea of consequences.  They are all blessings and I know God has given them to us for a reason.  My husband and I wouldn't change a thing about each of them.  

God has blessed me with friends who not only let me vent when things are constantly coming at me, but also help me connect with people who can help.


No comments:

Post a Comment